SeaTrek program onboard the vessel and on the islands. Provides guided
tours, instruction and promotes rentals on the islands.
HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are
to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
Internationalâs Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues throughout
the ship and on the islands.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean Internationalâs philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas. Shipboard Related:
2. Onboard the vessel, works daily shifts promoting and selling SeaTrek activities for the islands and various shore excursions. Provides information regarding the ports of call, shore excursions and general information regarding the vessel.
3. Conducts PADI scuba diving courses consisting of classroom and pool activities, according to PADI regulations and SeaTrek Program guidelines.
4. Receives, loads and stores shipments for the SeaTrek program.
Accompanies guests on scuba diving
and snorkeling excursions, within the SeaTrek
program. Assists the tour operator and guests with equipment orientation and proper
fitting of the equipment. Monitors tour operators to ensure quality controls and
standards are met. Reports issues or problems to Shore Excursion Manager or other
6. Prepares the Dive shop for the dayâs activities. Issues snorkeling equipment to guests
participating in the SeaTrek program. Promotes and sells products and services such
as wave runner and kayak rentals.
7. Conducts orientations to inform guests of the island facilities, the snorkeling area and
the operation of the various equipment. Walks around the island to assist guests and
provide general information. Responds to any type of emergency.
8. Conducts guided snorkeling and or scuba diving tours in the assigned areas. Instructs
guests of the proper use of the snorkeling equipment. Guides guests through the waters
and identifies marine life. Maintains a constant awareness of the guestsâ whereabouts
and their safety. Responds to any type of emergency. Performs life saving procedures
9. Conducts guided wave runner and kayak tours. Instructs guests of the proper use of the
equipment. Guides guests along the tour route and identifies wild life and points of
interest. Maintains a constant awareness of the guestsâ whereabouts and their safety.
Responds to any type of emergency. Performs life saving procedures and CPR.
10. Participates with SeaTrek team members in the parasail operation. Provides guests with
instruction, orientation and ensures the guests are properly wearing the flight harness and
personal floating device (PFD) equipment. Maintains a constant awareness of the guestsâ
whereabouts and their safety. Responds to any type of emergency. Performs life saving
procedures and CPR.
11. Maintains a regular schedule to clean, service and store all snorkeling, diving and related
water sports equipment. Conducts regular maintenance on the boats and engines.
Builds or repairs structures related to the SeaTrek program such as floating docks, buoy
lines, lifeguard stands, etc. Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies.
Maintains VHF radio equipment in good working order.
12. Participates in rescue training according to established procedures.
13. Tests new snorkeling, diving and water sports equipment promoted by manufacturers.
Prepares a detailed written report to the shoreside department regarding the feasibility
of purchasing the equipment for the SeaTrek program.
14. Participates in maintaining a clean working and living environment on the island
Participates in the weekly unloading
of provisions from the vessels.
15. Operates all activities within the SeaTrek program in accordance with the Aquatics
16. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities
17. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any
other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Â· Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) Open Water Scuba Instructor certification is required.
Â· Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Contract length: 29 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: 1750 $ per month + commission
Â· Passport or ID card