The Junior Waiter provides guests with courteous and professional service, creates a pleasant dining atmosphere, and enhances the overall dining experience by anticipating guest needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, organize, and maintain designated service station
- Prepare mise-en-place to ensure that station is ready when required.
- Provide attentive and personalized service to ensure that guest requests are fulfilled promptly.
- Minimize breakage and loss of all equipment.
- Use only authorized chemicals in approved manner.
- Respect fellow colleagues.
- Respect and cooperate with all management decisions.
- Attend ship and departmental meetings as required.
- Maintain professional appearance to meet the standards.
Training & Development
- Attend all meetings, training activities or classes related to assigned position as required.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment for all guests and crew members.
- Follow proper procedures and instructions at all times to prevent damage of any kind to ship or company property.
- Know and comply with Shipsan, the European sanitation program, and United States Public Health Rules and Regulations pertaining to assigned working area.
- Participate in safety drills as required.
- Comply with Marella Cruisesâ Safety and Pollution Prevention Program.
- Comply with Marella Cruisesâ Operating Procedures Resources.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- As assigned
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Fluent in written and spoken English,
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the senior management.
- Ability to lead and make decisions.
- Good administrative skills.
- Experienced in coaching subordinates.
- Must be cost and quality conscious.
- Must adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
- Work with international team members.
- Perform assigned duties under pressure (time constraints).
- Fluency in additional language(s) prefered.
Required computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- FBS/ICS Apollo Inventory system
- High School education or better.
- Standard restaurant background.
- Minimum of three years in a hotel, restaurant or cruise ship.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior-level management and owner representatives.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to Stand, Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear and smell.
- The employee must be able to lift or move up to 55 pounds (25 kilograms) without assistance.
- Ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision and to be able to otherwise perform the essential functions of the job in a manner that does not present danger to the employee or others with or without a reasonable accommodation.