Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! Weâre looking for dedicated individuals to join us a Pool and Deck Supervisors! This role will see you working on the front line overseeing our Aquatic Attendant and Open Deck Team to ensure the safety of our guests and that the cleanliness and maintenance standards are met in the pools, water park and all open deck areas.
As a Pool and Deck Supervisor you will spend your time in the Sunshine on the open Decks making sure the areas are clean and safe so our guests can focus on having FUN and a great vacation experience in their home away from home!
Youâll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our
guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our
guests will start with you!
- Completion of special tasks as set by the onboard housekeeping management and reporting of problems performing these tasks.
- Supervision of housekeeping operation on open deck areas (verandas, external swimming pools, whirlpool areas etc.) and supervision of team members working on the open decks
- Training and development of team members.
- Ensure a safe operation on the open decks and maintain cleanliness of housekeeping cleaning equipment and lockers located in the open deck areas.
- Ensure that team members comply with the garbage management program, with particular emphasis on garbage separation.
- Report all maintenance issues to Assistant Housekeeping Managers.
- Follow USPH procedures as directed in The Vessel Sanitation Manual.
- Ensure that chlorine, bromide and PH levels in the pools and whirlpools are maintained according to the USPH requirements. Maintain the pool logs.
- Ensure that âPort Operation Restrictionsâ are followed during cleaning of the open decks.
- Ensure that swimming pools and water slide operations are supervised and monitored according to CCL policies.
- Ensure that swimming pools, towel counter, whirlpools and water slide are open and closed in timely manner.
- Supervision and control of the beach towel operation on the open decks.
- Ensure that all chemicals used on the open decks are properly labelled and stored.
- Ensure that deck chairs are properly stored and secured when not in use.
- Ensure that channels are being cleaned on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all stainless steel, brass and glass areas are free of salt and rust.
- Advice Assistant Housekeeping Manager immediately of any safety concerns involving guests and team members.
- Adhere to all Carnival Service Values at all times.
- Extend appropriate greeting to all guests and crew at every opportunity.
- Apply hospitality standards at all times in guest and crew areas.
- Follow all safety regulations (boat drills, safe operation of RWF etc.) during the course of duty
- Follow all environmental, USPH and HESS - MS procedures as applicable for position.
- Follow up Time and Attendance policy
- Fluent in conversational & written English, hospitable with a positive attitude.
- Applicant should be self-motivated with a 1 year background in hotel/resort supervisory roll or other similar vocational education preferred but not required.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 1 yearsâ experience in a Hotel or Cruise Line in similar capacity.
- Applicant should be familiar with working in the Housekeeping Industry having an understanding of Standard Operating Procedures of this department able to organise and manage a small team of 15 to 20 persons.
- Computer skills are required (MS office) for the job.
Contract length:6 months
Additional details / information's:Lifeguard certification preferred
Desired Skills and Expertise:Experience of Housekeeping
Swimming Pool etc.