Searching for an experienced Waiter/ Waitress to join the high quality team onboard the Silversea Cruises!
Candidates will require a minimum of 2 years experience in a quality branded 5* hotel or Michelin standard restaurant. Hospitality education and or/apprenticeship is preferred.
All candidates are required to have fluent English as well as at least one of the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin or Portuguese.
Contracts will be for 6 months, earning a tax free salary, with accommodation and meals provided.
If you are passionate about service and love to travel, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
All candidates must be aged 21 years or over.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
This position contributes to the Companyâs Mission, values, and strategic priorities by implanting the principles of Aggressive Hospitality in the areas of :
â¢ food and beverage service
â¢ Special daily duties including cleaning, organizing, and sanitation.
â¢ Embarkation and debarkation duties.
â¢ training assistance for new crew members
â¢ safe professional and personal practices
â¢ Congeniality and teamwork.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the waiter undertakes duties in the four areas of the professional performance scorecard:
â¢ Silver Service
The duties in each of these performance areas are detailed below. Theses duties are undertaken within company policies, standards, and operating manuals.
1. General knowledge of all Service duties & standards of all restaurant outlets.
2. Maintain clean and orderly tables and organizes station.
3. Provides personalized services.
4. Assist guests in ordering by describing menu.
5. Take guest orders and / or obtains orders from the galley and ensures prompt delivery to guest.
6. Fulfill guest requests for beverages and condiments.
7. Assists Hotel stores manager during loading and storing
8. Provide luggage handling services.
9. Carry out Embarkation and debarkation duties.
10. Clean and maintain area and equipment according to USPH standards.
11. Careful use of ship equipment and reporting of faulty or broken equipment.
12.Assist managers with training and induction of new personnel
13. Undertake all other duties as requested by supervisor.
14. Incorporate Silver Service standards of behavior into your work in the areas of:
a. Portray professional behavior / body language
b. Full compliance with the grooming and hygiene standards.
c. Creating memories and positive experiences for guests
d. Communicating with guests.
e. Anticipating guest needs.
f. Completing guests requests and needs.
g. Assisting Guests
h. Handling guest challenges.
i. Improving the guest experience.
15. Carry out designated role in crew and passenger safety drills according to regulations.
16. Comply with the Companyâs safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
17. Maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
18. Respect the privacy and rights of colleagues.
19. Respect the contribution of all colleagues
20. Promote cooperation and teamwork.